There are likely many things you are considering when buying a new car
. From engine performance and interior amenities to the exterior style, you likely have a checklist of things important to you. Safety is another incredibly important item to think about when buying a car, so Boardwalk Honda is here to help simplify your research.
Honda Sensing® technology provides a suite of safety and driver-assistance technologies created to keep you, your passengers, and other drivers safe while on the roadways in Atlantic City, Egg Harbor, and Galloway, NJ. Let’s explore all the features included in this great safety package to help you learn more about Honda Sensing® technology.
Core Features of Honda Sensing®
Honda Sensing® can pick up on things the average driver might not be able to. It’s like having an extra set of eyes in the car. This safety suite works diligently to assist drivers and keep them alert on the road, with a range of exciting technologies and features, such as…
- Lane Keeping Assist System: With this system, steering will be adjusted to keep the vehicle in its current lane. If it’s determined that the car is drifting from the lane, steering will be adjusted to guide you back.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: If your vehicle crosses out of the lane without a turn signal on, the system will activate steering adjustment and even braking pressure to prevent an accident.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Much like traditional cruise control, this setting will keep your vehicle at a pre-set speed, though it will also ensure your car maintains a safe following distance behind other vehicles on the road. If the car in front of you comes to a stop or slows down, Adaptive Cruise Control will kick in to slow or stop your car as needed.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™: With this setting on, the brakes will be applied when a potential frontal collision with a vehicle or pedestrian is determined unavoidable.
Impressive Driver-Assistive Technology
That isn’t where the driver-assistance tech ends when it comes to Honda. Vehicles can come equipped with even more technology, including…
- Honda LaneWatch™ technology: This feature will stream live footage of your right blind spot whenever you activate the right turn signal. This will give you a wider view of the area conveniently projected on your Display Audio Touchscreen.
- Automatic High-Beams Headlight: When driving above 25 MPH at night with the headlights set to “AUTO”, this system will change between low and high beams as needed, depending on the surroundings.
Honda models are also available with the Blind Spot Information System and the Cross Traffic Monitor, which are two excellent features that will make you feel like you have eyes in the back of your head.
Learn More at Boardwalk Honda
Honda created its Honda Sensing® technology to provide a safer and more intuitive drive for all. This technology can make any drive around Atlantic City, Egg Harbor, and Galloway, New Jersey, a safer one.
While it can’t replace paying attention to the road, it goes a long way toward protecting you, those in the car with you, and other drivers around you. Come see how Honda Sensing® technology works inside the Honda vehicle you’re interested in. Visit Boardwalk Honda today or schedule a test drive to see this helpful driver-assistive technology for yourself.