Come Discover These Kids Activities near Egg Harbor NJ
The Egg Harbor, NJ, area can be quite the magical setting for kids to have a ton of fun while also taking in valuable learning opportunities. Below are three of the top kids activities near Egg Harbor.
Lucy the Elephant
You can find Lucy the Elephant along Josephine Harron Park. Built in 1881, Lucy is six stories high and is listed on the National Park Registry for Historical Landmarks. Below are a few of Lucy’s regular goings-on:
- Guided Tours. See her up close while taking an informative tour in which you’ll learn all about what makes her famous and how she came to be.
- School Field Trips. If you’re a teacher, join your students as they learn about her significance to the community, her unique history, and the style of Zoomorphic architecture in general.
- Gift Shop. After you walk through Lucy and come out on the other side, swing by the gift shop for a piece of memorabilia to remember her by.
Lucy the Elephant is also the site of a number of different community events throughout the year, from raffles to community outreach programs.
For events and news, visit Lucy the Elephant’s Facebook page.
Playland’s Castaway Cove has been creating laughter and memories for over half a century. There are more than 32 exciting rides for the entire family to enjoy. Here are just a few of the many highlights:
- Speedway. Zip around the race track with your family and friends.
- Swings. This amusement park staple is an all-time favorite. Take in the great view as you spin around on this unforgettable ride.
- Alien Abduction. Aliens have landed and they want to take you on a magical ride! In this attraction, centrifugal force is used to give you a thrill that is out of this world.
Go to Playland’s Castaway Cove on Facebook to stay up to date on special events and announcements.
Dedicated to keeping everyone young at heart, Storybook Land has been a family favorite in the Egg Harbor area since 1955 and gives children of all ages the opportunity to explore and learn life lessons while reliving all their favorite childhood fantasies.
Here are some of the rides your kids are sure to love at Storybook Land:
- Out on a Lamb
- Bubbles the Coaster
- Zip Zap Racers
- Turtle Twirl
Apart from the thrilling rides, there are also themed eateries to discover, such as the following:
- The Watering Can. Enjoy ice water, funnel cakes, and popcorn all served from Mistress Mary’s Garden.
- Caboose CafÃ©. This charming train-themed cafÃ© offers such classic amusement park fare as hot dogs, ice cream, and drinks.
- The Gingerbread House Snack Bar. Here, you can enjoy such foods as cheese steaks, chicken tenders, and fries all from mother goose herself.
Go to Facebook to see some great pics of Storybook Land.
Take Your Kids on an Adventure
If you think your family will have a blast at these kids activities near Egg Harbor, NJ, make it a point to visit all three places today!