High Performance & Sporty Style
The Pilot has three rows of seating and can easily fit up to eight people. Everyone will have plenty of room to stretch out, as shown in the following interior dimensions…
|First Row||40.1 in||40.9 in|
|Second Row||40.2 in||38.4 in|
|Third Row||38.9 in||31.9 in|
Not only is the SUV quite spacious with 152.9 cubic feet of passenger volume, but it has many amenities to help keep everyone happy. For instance, you can get heated and ventilated front seats along with heated second-row seats when you opt for the captain’s chairs. This configuration would bring seating capacity down to seven, but those passengers will get their own cupholders along with a little extra elbow room.
Step inside this SUV by reading our Honda Pilot Interior Review
The Honda Pilot can tow 3,500 pounds in the 2-wheel drive version. This is enough for a couple watercrafts for the beach or snowmobiles for the mountains.
However, the Pilot is also capable of towing a hefty 5,000 pounds, when properly equipped. You may want to take a fishing trip, in which case, you can hitch a small recreational boat to the back of this SUV. Or, you can bring along a small hard-side RV to your next camping trip in the woods.
With Power-Assisted Ventilated Front Disc/Solid Rear Disc Brakes and features like Hill Start Assist, the Pilot can handle whatever you want to tow behind it.
Learn more about the towing with our Pilot Towing Capacity Review
The Pilot comes with a 3.5L i-VTEC® V6 engine that delivers 280 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque. It offers a smooth performance and has great fuel economy, too. When equipped with a 9-speed automatic transmission, the Pilot can achieve an EPA-estimated 19 city MPG and 27 highway MPG.*
The SUV comes standard in front-wheel drive, but it has an available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ AWD system. This system will distribute the optimum amount of torque to the front and rear axles as needed while you’re on the go. This will help you stay in control on less-than-ideal roads and improve your steering overall.
See all that the Pilot can do by checking out out the Honda Pilot Specs Review
The Honda Pilot trim levels have many amenities to help make your drives more enjoyable. There are five trims, each with their own set of features:
- LX: The standard trim level comes with a 5-inch color LCD screen and Bluetooth® technology to stream audio or make hands-free phone calls. It also comes with a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera to get a better look at what’s behind you.
- EX: The EX Comes with an 8-inch high-resolution touchscreen with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration to easily access your favorite apps on the display screen.
- EX-L: Comes with leather-trimmed heated front seats to stay cozy on colder nights. You’ll also get a 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat to get in that perfect position behind the wheel.
- Touring: This trim gives you the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ that features 3D renderings of terrain and buildings along with lane guidance and a live search function. It also comes with a 9-inch Rear Entertainment System.
- Elite: The highest trim level that features all of the amenities above along with perforated heated/ventilated front seats, along with the heated second-row captain’s chairs that we mentioned above.
Find out which trim level is right for you by reading our Honda Pilot Trim Level Guide
There’s also plenty of room to fit all your family’s belongings inside the Pilot. Behind the third row, there’s 18.5 cubic feet of cargo space. Fold that row down, and you get 55.9 cubic feet. When the second and third rows are folded down, you have up to 109 cubic feet to take advantage of.
With the different seating configurations, you can fit items as long as a ladder or as big as a bicycle while still leaving room for people in the back.
Plus, loading items into the SUV is easy thanks to the available Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate. If your hands are full, swipe your foot under the rear bumper. The liftgate will then automatically open, and you can quickly load up the Pilot and be on your way!
Check out how much space this SUV has with our Honda Pilot Cargo Space Review
See the Pilot in Person
The information above is just some of the many features you’ll find in the Honda Pilot. To learn more, click on any Honda Pilot review on this page. Then, schedule a test drive at Boardwalk Honda to see it in person. We’ll let you take the car for a spin, to gauge its performance around Atlantic City and Egg Harbor. Read through our Honda Pilot reviews today!