Transmission Repair near Me
A great way to get around Atlantic City and Egg Harbor is in a reliable vehicle. If one part starts to fail, like the transmission, that could compromise your ability to get around.
That's why it's important to know the signs of a failing transmission and to get it fixed as soon as possible. If you're searching for a "transmission repair near me", then stop by Boardwalk Honda to see how our expert service team can help. Read all about out transmission repair services below!
What Does a Transmission Do?
A transmission makes sure the right amount of power goes to your wheels to drive at a particular speed. It works by shifting gears in a way that's similar to a multi-speed bicycle.
On a bike, if the chain is off, you won't go anywhere. If it's in too high of a gear, you'll having trouble going from a stop. This notion applies to your transmission. If you don't keep the transmission well-maintained, you'll lose fuel economy or may not be able to drive at all.
Signs Your Transmission Is Failing
There are several signs that indicate you need transmission repair, such as...
- Problem with shifting gears: If there's a hesitation when the putting the car into gear, or it falls out of gear while driving, then the transmission is almost certainly in trouble.
- Grinding/shaking between gears: If changing gears produces a grinding sound in a manual transmission, or shaking in an automatic, then the clutch could be worn.
- Unusual noises: You may hear strange noises like whining, buzzing, or clunking; or, your car could be extremely noisy while in neutral. The transmission may not be causing these noises, but you'll still want to have it looked at.
- Burnt smell: A burnt odor could be coming from the gears overheating due to excessive friction. Plus, if the transmission is going bad, you may smell burnt transmission fluid when getting out of your vehicle.
- Leaking transmission fluid: If you see clear or cloudy red fluid on your driveway, you'll need to have your car checked out as soon as possible. While a leak may not indicate a failing transmission, ignoring the problem will make things worse.
Where to Get a Transmission Repair near Me
If you notice any of the above warning signs, then bring your car to our service center as soon as you can. Our certified technicians are experts on all things transmissions. Therefore, they can accurately determine if your transmission needs a simple repair or a complete replacement.
We'll only use genuine parts to fix your transmission, to help keep your vehicle in tip-top shape. Plus, we'll work quickly and efficiently, to get you back on the road as soon as possible.
Schedule a Transmission Repair Today
If you need a transmission repair or any other service, make an appointment at Boardwalk Honda. Give us some info about your car, and we'll confirm a day and time that work for you.
If you live near Atlantic City or Egg Harbor, don't wait. Schedule a transmission repair today!
Have a question? We've got the answer!
* = Required Field