Tire Center near Me
If you're driving the roads near Atlantic City or Egg Harbor, NJ, it's important that the tires on your vehicle are up to the task. At Boardwalk Honda, our tire center is here to ensure they are. Our trained technicians have been installing, repairing and balancing tires for years. Our technicians will use their expertise to find the right tires for your Honda. If you're searching for a "tire center near me", Boardwalk Honda has you covered.
Have a question about your tires? Check out our guide below!
Can You Drive With a Nail in Your Tire?
If you happen to find a nail in one of your tires, it's best to have this tire inspected by a trained mechanic. Now, this doesn't mean you're no longer allowed to drive. If you only have to go a short distance, your tire should hold up just fine.
How to Check Tire Tread Depth
The best bet for solid and secure tire tread depth is 4/32" or deeper. If your tire tread reads at 3/32", those wheels are on their way out. They'll still work, but it's best to schedule maintenance to replace them sooner rather than later.
How to Check Tire Pressure
Learn to check tire pressure with these easy steps:
- Remove the valve cap.
- Grab your tire pressure gauge and push down on the valve stem.
- Check the number on the gauge and write it down
- Check your owners manual for the desired PSI and compare with your numbers.
- If the number is below the desiered PSI, then you'll want to fill your tires with air.
How Long Do Tires Last?
A tire can go anywhere between five and ten years. Precisely how long tires last depends on the quality of the individual tire, climate, and road conditions.
How Often Should You Rotate Your Tires
You should rotate your tires every 5,000 to 6,000 miles. A good way to remember when to schedule a rotation is to have this service done whenever you get your oil changed.
How to Read Tire Size
The tire sidewall has a 12-letter/number combination, with each character representing something different. Learn what each of these mean by reading on.
Wheel Alignment 101
Learn all you need to know about tire alignments such as how often you need a wheel alignment and signs you need a wheel alignment here.
Why You Need Your Tires Balanced
When wheels are properly balanced, it reduces wear and tear on the tires and promotes consistent fuel efficiency. If you've noticed that your car is shaking or vibrating, particularly when approaching speeds of 50-60 mph, it's a sign that the tires may need a look.
Our Honda Tire Center
Whether you're driving through the city in a Civic, tackling country roads in an Accord, or transporting the family in a Pilot, you're always counting on tires to get you to your destination. Without properly working tires, you probably won't get too far!
It's important your Honda model is equipped with the right tires. Honda engineers select the tires for your model based off several factors, so going with the least expensive tire available won't always get the job done. When you work with our tire center, you'll find we carry many of the tires needed for Honda models so there's no need to wait for them to be delivered.
Even if you don't drive a Honda, we stock a wide range of brands and tire types for other makes and models, too.
Tire Services Near You
Our service technicians offer complete service and tire repair. Here are some of the important tire services we offer.
- Alignments: Due to the nature of driving and the surfaces we travel, wheels become misaligned over time. If you're feeling your car pulling to one side of the road or a quick visual inspection reveals uneven tread on the tires, an alignment may be the remedy your car needs.
- Tire rotations: A rotation keeps all four tires healthy. Since every wheel on the car has its own functionality, every tire has different wear and tear. To ensure wear and tear is even on all four tires, we'll rotate them as needed.
- Pressure checks: For better fuel economy numbers and a more even ride, make sure tire pressure is correct in all four tires. This information can be found in the door jamb on the driver's side or in your owner's manual. If you suspect a nail or other debris might be causing air to leak out of the tire, let our technicians take a look, correct the problem, and fill them to proper levels.
Find a Tire Center Near Me Today
Whether you're searching for a brand-new set of tires, need an alignment, or just want tires filled to proper levels, our team is happy to help Atlantic City and Egg Harbor drivers. Our service technicians look forward to assisting you! Stop in to Boardwalk Honda to schedule your service appointment today!
Have a question? We've got the answer!
* = Required Field