Signs You Need Your Brakes Replaced
Some of the major signs that it's time to get your brakes replaced include severe screeching or grinding noises, vibrations or pulsations in your pedal or steering wheel, and needing to depress the brake pedal down farther than usual to achieve the same amount of stopping power. However, there are other signs as well.
Our Boardwalk Honda service team takes brake health and safety seriously, so we decided to create this in-depth guide for our customers in Atlantic City, Egg Harbor, and the rest of New Jersey.
If you notice any of the symptoms that we've outlined below, then set up a service appointment today.
Top 5 Signs That It's Time for New Brakes
In addition to the three symptoms that we mentioned at the beginning of the page, there are a few more. If you notice these signs, then you should get your brake system inspected, as it's a vital component of your vehicle.
- Noise. When you hear loud screeching, grinding, or other ear-splitting noises as you drive, that's never a good sign. You should have your brake pads and shoes inspected and most likely replaced.
- Vibrations. The vibrations and pulsations that we mentioned above occur due to metal-on-metal rubbing between your pads and your rotors. In other words, the pads (and maybe more) will probably need to be replaced.
- Difficulty. Whenever it's more difficult than usual to brake, then schedule a service appointment as soon as you can. After all, the entire point of braking is to be able to stop on a dime in the event of an emergency.
- Smell. Although burning smells are often attributed to dirty oil, they can also stem from issues with your brakes. As soon as you smell something funny, we encourage you to pull over and schedule a service appointment with your nearest service department.
- Brake Warning Light. As soon as your brake warning light comes on, schedule a service appointment. Our Boardwalk Honda team would be more than happy to get it all sorted out.
If there's something else going on with your car that we didn't mention and you're wondering if it might be your brakes, you can get in touch with our team at your earliest convenience. They can answer any questions you have about your vehicle and determine if the issue could be originating from your brakes.
Reach Out to Us Today at Boardwalk Honda to Set Up an Appointment!
Regardless of whether you're reaching out to ask a question or to schedule an appointment to get your brake issues resolved, we're excited to work with you. You can either call us on the phone, drop us a line on our website, or stop by today from Egg Harbor or Atlantic City.