Honda Sensing® Review
There are likely many things you are considering when buying a new car. From engine performance to interior amenities to the way the car looks on the exterior, you probably have either a mental or physical checklist of things important to you. Safety is another important item to think about when buying a car, and doing your research shouldn't have to be confusing or time-consuming.
Honda Sensing® technology provides a suite of safety and driver-assistance technologies created to keep you, your passengers and other drivers safe while on the roadways in Atlantic City and Egg Harbor. Honda Sensing® can pick up on things the average driver might not be able to. It's like having an extra set of eyes in the car. Explore all the features included in this great safety package, and learn more about Honda Sensing® technology.
Features of Honda Sensing®
The safety suite known as Honda Sensing® works diligently to assist drivers. Let's look at the key systems that comprise the suite.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: With this system, steering will be adjusted to keep the vehicle in the current lane. The mounted camera located behind the rear-view mirror can read the markings on the road, including lanes and other lines. If it's determined that the car is drifting from the lane, you will be notified with an audible warning. To keep the vehicle centered in a lane, steering will be adjusted to guide you back.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: If your vehicle is drifting close to lane markings without a turn signal on, you'll be alerted with a visual lane-departure warning. If the system thinks the steering input isn't going to keep the car on the road, the brakes may be applied.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: When this setting is activated, your car will maintain a safe following distance behind other vehicles on the road. If the car in front of you comes to a stop or slows down, Adaptive Cruise Control will kick in to slow or stop your car as needed. After a full stop, pressing the gas again will let the car continue with the previously set cruising distance.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™: With this setting on, the brakes will be applied when a potential frontal collision with a vehicle or pedestrian is detected. Vehicle speed will be reduced when a collision is determined to be unavoidable.
More Driver-Assistive Technology
There is other driver-assistive technology beyond Honda Sensing® available on select Honda models.
- Honda LaneWatch™ technology: When signaling right, the camera mounted on the passenger-side mirror will activate and show live video on your touchscreen, revealing more of the road than you can see in the mirror alone.
- Automatic high-beams: When driving above 25 mph at night and the headlights are set to "AUTO", the system will change between low and high beams as needed, depending on the surroundings.
Learn More at Boardwalk Honda
Honda created its Honda Sensing® technology to provide a more intuitive, safer drive for all. This technology can make any drive around Atlantic City and Egg Harbor a safer one.
While it can't replace paying attention to the road, it goes a long way to protecting you and those in the car with you. Come see how Honda Sensing® technology works inside the Honda vehicle you're interested in. Visit Boardwalk Honda today or schedule a test drive to see this helpful driver-assistive technology for yourself.