2018 Honda Pilot Specs
The Honda Pilot is known for having a smooth ride, spacious interior, and long list of features. Below, our team at Boardwalk Honda will go over some of the 2018 Honda Pilot specs. These will help you decide if this vehicle will satisfy your driving needs around Atlantic City and Egg Harbor.
Read all about the Pilot below, and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
The 2018 Honda Pilot comes with a 3.5L V6 engine that delivers 280 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque. The engine is paired with either a 6-speed automatic transmission or 9-speed automatic transmission with shift-by-wire. The latter provides more aggressive shifting for quicker sprints.
It comes standard in front-wheel drive and has an available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ AWD System. The all-wheel drive system will help you take on any type of road. You can also drive farther for longer, as the Pilot achieves up to an EPA-estimated 20 city/27 highway MPG.*
Furthermore, there's the available Intelligent Traction Management system. With just the push of a button, you can choose between Normal, Snow, Mud, and Sand modes. Either way, the Pilot will optimize handling based on the terrain you find yourself driving on.
The 2018 Pilot has enough space to comfortably fit up to eight people, as shown in the following interior dimensions:
- Front-row headroom/legroom: 40.1 inches/40.9 inches
- Second-row headroom/legroom: 40.2 inches/38.4 inches
- Third-row headroom/legroom: 38.9 inches/31.9 inches
- Passenger volume: 152.9 cubic feet
There's also lots of space to fit grocery bags, luggage, or other items. You get 16.5 cubic feet of cargo room behind the third row. Fold that down, and the space expands to 46.8 cubic feet. When the second and third rows are folded down, you have up to 83.9 cubic feet to take advantage of.
Not only does the Pilot have a reliable performance and spacious interior, but it has lots of available safety features, too.
You can get Honda Sensing® on the upper trim levels. This suite of driver-assisting technologies was designed to alert you to things you might miss while driving.
Some of the features included in this suite are:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™: Will help apply the brakes if it determines an unavoidable frontal collision.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: If you start to drift from your lane without using a turn signal, the system will subtly adjust the steering. This is to help keep the Pilot centered in your original lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Helps maintain a certain speed and distance from the vehicle in front of you. Even if traffic begins to slow down, the system will keep that preset distance.
Another available safety feature is the Blind Spot Information System. It uses radar sensors to detect vehicles coming up in your blind spot. If one is there when you want to change lanes, you'll be warned through a lit-up icon.
Test Drive the 2018 Honda Pilot
The 2018 Honda Pilot has the performance, space, and safety features to help make your trips around Atlantic City and Egg Harbor better. If you still need help deciding if it's right for you, then schedule a test drive at Boardwalk Honda today!
*Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.